Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Is the maxisys worth it ...
Is the maxisys worth it ...

4506 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-17 14:27:49

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    Lano
    2016-08-22 14:40:26
      After reading all the problems on these pages here do you think that the Maxisys (908,pro or elite) is still worth it?

I was about to place my order.
     I have not read a single post where one says that he is happy with his Maxisys.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2016-08-22 21:07:56 (Reply to:Lano)

if i tell you what i think   my post will get deleted  .  which has happen a few times  already

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2016-08-23 01:06:31 (Reply to:Lano)

love mine, this site is mostly a bitch session, I had an issue last week with a 2016 Honda doing a seat weight sensor cal, sent data log , a day later they sent me a Beta version of Honda to try, THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE. Think Snappy or any body else would do that, I do not!

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    gblue

2016-08-23 04:57:00 (Reply to:Lano)

Good question, another you might ask is does it make a difference which country you purchase it from. Mine was purchased from China and I have the locked up system which I have had to send it back to China. 

Did the other people having this problem get theirs from China? Do they have a different quality standard for China or other countries' like USA? Are the people that purchased theirs from the US having these same lock up problems?

Seems like I remembered reading somewhere from support that it did not make a difference which region of the world you purchased it from, they were the same.

•   Level 2   
    (44) points
    edisantay2

2016-08-24 18:24:41 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

I had mine maxysis pro for 2 years and I'm very happy there's not one like him,
    personal is the closes to factory scanner ... I love my maxisys.....

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-30 12:03:04 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)

Oh yeah either that or simply lock up your tool on an update like they did to me and a few others.  the Chinese way or the highway. 

•   Level 7   
    (817) points
    spikeoo7

2016-08-30 12:42:42 (Reply to:Lano)

if you go by happiness or needs  you will never buy a scan tool, none one is happy about anything, content maybe. every tool has its ups and down, autel, more down than ups lately but that depends largely on who you ask since we all have different experiences. keep in mind that regardless of which tool you buy, you wont be able to do everything, that will never ever happen. I just bought me a snap-on verus edge for 3k used, and I love this tool, specially after saving about 6k, lots of information, trouble shooting tips etc like no other but it lacks some of the features autel had, but honestly I don't care. I bought also a few clones for more deep stuff that even original tool don't have. buy whatever you like, try it and have your own experience. your not buying a house with a 30 year mortgage. in a couple of years you will have to buy another scan tool anyway or at least update/upgrade . good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    Wheel

2016-09-04 18:19:19 (Reply to:Lano)

As one of those having trouble -
    i sent mine in and had it back working in a week or less. I even received a call from the one working on it to help explain the problem. That's service.
    Everyone's product has trouble. How you are treated when things ain't going so good makes the difference.

While I wouldn't want this tool to be my only scan tool, I definitely would not want to be without it in my arsenal

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-09-12 03:50:47 (Reply to:Wheel)

Hi Wheel, did you ship your scanner back directly to Autel in China or to the retailer that sold it to you?

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    Wheel

2016-09-13 22:35:06 (Reply to:witsend)

I bought it from my MAC dealer. I called Autel customer support here in the states and they had me send it to their address in New York where the problem was quickly fixed and returned to me. Turnaround time was surprisingly quick. They emailed me all the necessary  paperwork and very understandable instructions on how to send it.
  Total2 Pages